Welcome to Murder by the Book's blog about what we've read recently. You can find our website at www.mbtb.com.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wild by Cheryl Strayed

Alfred A. Knopf, 336 pages, $15.95 (c2012)

Wild falls more under the life's-a-mystery category than plain-old-mystery. This is the first non-mystery book I've completed (although many others are in various states of doneness) since retiring from Murder by the Book.

This ranks right up there for best last line.

Best of all, Cheryl Strayed at this point is a Portland resident. Her hike along the Pacific Coast Trail ended at Cascade Locks. It's no mystery that she chose to stay here.

Although I miss the book business, I gratefully have a slew of books to read and the freedom to read what I want. I'm glad I chose Wild.


P.S. I read this on my iPhone while waiting for movies to start, for appointments, when picking up people and pizza. There were 1,223 itty-bitty pages. This was my own personal book PCT.

1 comment:

  1. It was a good book, I'd recommend it (after a couple others, most notably AWOL on the Appalachian), but some elements left the reader hanging or tired of the repetition.

    ReplyDelete