Welcome to Murder by the Book's blog about what we've read recently. You can find our website at www.mbtb.com.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Comic Mysteries

M wrote:
found your site via kimbooktu - i wonder if you can provide some recommendations. i review books of different genres from a comedy perspective. my favorite mystery series are by lindsey davis (falco) and elizabeth peters (peabody). they are both superb writers with meticulously researched settings and great comedic skill.can you recommend any other similar authors?

My suggestions:
Robin Paige has a nice gentle wit, in a well developed Victorian setting; Sarah Caudwell and Anthony Oliver are great for dry and broad British wit respectively (though neither, alas, are still writing, and are largely out of print). You might also want to browse titles in our off-beat humor section. I'll add more as they come to me, but in the meantime I hope other readers will weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment